- Clerical: Volunteers
fold, staple, attach labels to mailings; help with duplicating; type; prepare materials for classes, etc.
- Computer knowledge: Maintain website; email contact; prepare publications.
- Curriculum Committee: This is the “nuts and bolts” of MILE. The committee meets monthly throughout
the year and is responsible for arranging all of the three semesters of MILE presenters. Members of this committee suggest,
research, coordinate, and book the mny offerings of MILE. Coordination with MxCC includes room assignments and setups,
- Hospitality Committee: Volunteers are in charge of refreshments for MILE orientation meetings and for organizing the
annual meeting luncheon. This includes obtaining supplies, setup and cleanup.
- THE MILE VIEW Committee
produces our newsletter. Individual responsibilities include writing, editing, proofreading, taking photographs and meeting
deadlines. A newspaper background is helpful.
- Membership: This committee handles MILE registrations
at Orientation Meetings and coordinates brochure mailings.
- Monitors: Monitors are responsible for the room setup including
attendance sheet, water, break time, etc. They should arrive 15 minutes early for setup, and should also clean up after
- Posters & Brochures: Our posters and brochures need to be distributed and displayed. We hope we can get a member from each town
to cover his / her town.
- Publicity: These volunteers publicize MILE events via various media.
- Telephone: These volunteers phone members when
necessary for class schedule changes.
- Trips: Volunteers research and recommend educational and / or entertaining trips for MILE. There
are many details to each trip, such as bus, food, tickets, etc.
- Teach/Facilitate: Interesting classes are the heart of MILE at MxCC!
- Writers: We need people who will write press releases, newsletter articles, etc.